What We're All About

CU Students have teamed together this year to learn through exploration how to manipulate many different instructional technologies. In time we hope to branch out and share our knowledge with other educators and peers.
We'd like to serve as a resource to our fellow future educators and professors of Education who would like to put that SmartBoard to use in their classroom, or learn how to use podcasts in the classroom as tools for parent involvement or student assessments. The possibilities are endless!
Love,
Your local Clemson Geek Squad

2.11.2008

Technology in Kindergarten

I am constantly impressed by the kindergarteners in my class and their ability to successfully use the technology. Every morning when I conduct our morning meeting it is done almost completely on the promethian board. It is completely interactive. The students are able to move a mouse to the number of days we have been in school, they are able to choose which counting song they want to hear, move the weather for the day to our chart, play songs to help them in spelling color words, play songs about the days of the week and the months of the year, and count down from ten. I love how smoothly this helps the morning meeting to run and how engaged the students are. I am currently working with my teacher to add in interactive slides that deal with money and time. I think this will be a great way to improve the morning meeting and keep the students involved. I am also working with my teacher to find different ways to use the board during centers. I am excited to experiment with new ideas with this class because they are very interested in using technology.

No comments: